Clove contains useful health benefiting essential oils such as eugenol. It is a phenylpropanoids class of chemical compound that gives pleasant, fresh aromatic fragrances to the clove-bud. Although the spice is harvested in numerous locations like India, Bangladesh, Tanzania to name a few, the Andaman Plantations nurtured at the Andaman and Nicobar Islands deserves special mention.
Let’s discuss few important facts on Cloves briefly.
- By increasing blood circulation, cloves promote proper flow of nutrients and oxygen throughout the body, which enhance the body metabolism. They have also been found to inhibit the clotting of blood, thereby helping maintain cardiovascular health.
- Clove serves as an excellent stress reliever due to its aphrodisiac and stimulant properties. By removing mental exhaustion and inducing sleep, cloves aid in alleviating insomnia and treating depression and anxiety effectively.
- Cloves promote enzymatic flow and boost proper digestive functioning. Besides, they work as an excellent remedy for curing vomiting, flatulence, dyspepsia, motion sickness and hiccups.
- By adding cloves in your daily food, you can strengthen the immune system, increase resistance to diseases and purify the blood.
- Common problems such as cuts, fungal infections, burns, wounds, athlete’s foot and bruises can be effectively treated with cloves or clove oil. Apply clove oil in diluted form near the affected portions, as direct application of neat clove oil can cause irritation.
- The essential oil of cloves contains eugenol which has been proved to be an effective natural antifungal agent against ringworm and Candida albicans. Compared to the commercial antifungal drugs available over-the-counter, clove oil serves as a less toxic, safe and inexpensive treatment.
The Andaman Plantations stationed at the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Committed to supplying the best quality natural products using scientific agricultural practices for both production and post-harvest operations.